Protocol Tech Lead
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Do you want to work with a blockchain team that has onboarded >100K of real users to their first wallet and is in a unique position to transition 500,000+ more this year alone? Do you have experience in a leading tech or similar role and are you passionate about the crypto space? Can you help GET protocol scaling into an even more open and thriving ecosystem, attractive for web3 people to build further upon? Then we are looking for you!
As the Protocol Tech Lead at GET Protocol you will get the opportunity to actually contribute to a live, real world blockchain use case that has already reached >5m NFT tickets sold on-chain. You will work on projects related to the two established in-house flagship products, new integrators and products that want to build on top of the protocol.
GET Protocol is focused on innovation in ticketing and has cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and dedication, the GET family is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for a Protocol Tech Lead who will be responsible for the technical delivery of various implementations within the GET ecosystem. You will be working closely with the teams to develop, maintain, and improve the blockchain ecosystem at GET. You will lead the creation of decentralized applications from the blockchain side of things, ensuring seamless integration with smart contracts, and collaborate closely with the team to plan and execute projects effectively. You will engage with the developer community, promote the adoption of our platform, and provide feedback to our engineering teams. Your role involves building a strong presence in the developer ecosystem.
You will be responsible for maintaining existing infrastructure and actively driving technical thought leadership and new features for all things GET protocol. As protocol tech lead for GET Protocol, you will significantly influence the future of the entire ecosystem. More in detail your responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluate the strategic vision and recommend technological solutions
- Participate as a key stakeholder of OKR planning across the org
- Lead and direct the protocol engineering team through technical challenges and performance goals
Architecture & Development
- Ensure technical quality, scalability, and security of the GET protocol
- Architect, implement, and maintain scalable and robust software systems, especially the interplay between smart contracts, backend systems, and decentral services
- Drive system architectural decisions and scalability of the GET protocol infrastructure
- Engage with the developer community, build a strong presence in the developer ecosystem promoting adoption of the protocol
- Coordinate with integrators and external partners on technical decisions
- Use cutting-edge tools to simplify on-chain actions, applying best practices in smart contract engineering
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies, making recommendations for their adoption as appropriate
As our Protocol Tech lead you have relevant industry experience in a leading tech or similar role. You are known for your brilliant communication and project skills, adaptability, and a thirst for web3 and blockchain innovation. Furthermore you highly value autonomy, ownership and have a leadership mentality. Next to that, you meet the following requirements:
- Strong technical background in software engineering with progression to a strategic level
- We build our Web3 apps using React and Subgraphs so knowledge of these is helpful
- Experience architecting scalable systems
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with blockchain, smart contracts, specifically EVM blockchains.
- Industry experience developing and deploying smart contracts using Solidity
- In-depth knowledge of blockchain basics, vulnerabilities, and EVM intricacies
What’s in it for you?
At GET Protocol you have the opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking and innovative tech company in the international event industry and get to work with a blockchain team that has >100K of real users. Next to that we offer:
- An inspiring and innovative work environment.
- Space for professional growth and development.
- Attractive salary
- Excellent secondary employment conditions